Interest in ESCO Europe 2014: where it will take place, when and who will be presenting… has been stronger this year than ever before. So, I am pleased to be sending you the first official announcement on ESCO Europe 2014 and answer a few of those questions for you.
ESCO Europe 2014 will be taking place on 21-23 January in sunny Barcelona, a city that offers you Sun, Sea, Sand, Sangria... and let’s not forget a vibrant building energy efficiency market.
We took great care in researching where best to take ESCO Europe 2014. You might think we plumped for beautiful Barcelona for the fun of it alone. Think again. Spain is a market on the move. We hear of the economic woes afflicting the country. But, building energy efficiency and the ESCO market is really beginning to pick up. (Perhaps because of the economic woes...?).
The Spanish ESCO market is valued at around 900 Million Euros and is expected to grow by around 10-12% throughout 2013. And, the European Investment Bank has launched a fund worth 123 Million Euros to invest in energy efficiency projects in Spain. So, expect plenty more activity.
Click here to read the exclusive interview with Elena Gonzalez Sanchez, Managing director of ANESE as she gives her views on the current and future shape of the Spanish ESCO market.
We are now deep into the programme research phase for ESCO, but have already confirmed some great speakers, including:
- Majella Kelleher, Head of Energy Demand Management, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland speaking on the impressive recent developments which have been taking place in the Irish market.
- Roman Doubrava, Policy Officer, DG ENER, European Commission and Gregor Paterson-Jones, Managing Director, for Energy and Efficiency, Green Investment Bank, UK will share their thoughts in the panel session on how best to use the current and upcoming policy directive
- Rupert Redesdale, CEO, Energy Managers Association will be asking: UK EPC self-regulation: a model for Europe to follow?
- Henrik Aabye, Project Manager, Municipality of Frederiksberg, Denmark will offer his views on how best to form an agreement between partners on the baseline during the contract phase
- Emma Strain, Senior Manager Programme Delivery Environment, Greater London Authority will be talking about Financing energy efficiency in London
Keep an eye out for the programme when it's published online at the end of this month. You know the weblink: www.esco-europe.com
For further information on sponsoring and/or speaking at ESCO Europe 2014, please contact us:
+31 346 290 780
Stéphane de Voogd
+31 346 290787
Looking forward to welcoming you at ESCO Europe 2014!
P.S. We invite you to have a read in the ESCO Europe 2013 post event report with conference highlights and summary of the core content of last year's success. We hope it gets you keen on joining us this year in Barcelona!