Smart energy should create economic value via integrating renewables and demand in the electricity system, improving operational efficiency and better asset optimisation. The key question is if the drivers behind smart energy are strong enough to redesign the current market & policy and if yes, what direction are we heading to?
Smart Utilities Scandinavia 2013 will bring together 250+ of your industry peers to open up dialogue and regional collaboration via addressing the key themes, such as:
- What are the risks and barriers for smart energy roll-outs?
- What policy push is there to ensure that we capture changes in customer behaviour?
- Which barrier(s) are hindering the deployment of low-carbon energy projects most significantly?
- What are the pioneering regional projects telling us about what our energy future may look like?
- Which are the key emerging energy technologies? Which approaches are leading the way and why?
For the preliminary conference programme, please click here.
We have brought together some of the region’s and Europe’s most renowned experts to debate on the most topical issues, including:
- Anders Stouge, Deputy General Director, Danish Energy Association on why new energy directive will create economic growth
- Manuel Sanchez Jiménez, Smart Grids Team Leader, European Commission on what the EU Smart Grid inventory tells us about smart grid projects currently taking place in Europe
- Jessica Stromback, Executive Director, Smart Energy Demand Coalition on why the future of smart energy depends on demand side integration
- Anders Birke, Lead IT Architect, Dong Energy on the Faroe Island’s revolutionary project of integration of wind power into the power system
- Johan Söderbom, Head of Distributing and Sales R&D, Vattenfall on sustainable living and intelligent supply and demand patterns
- Koen Kok, Senior Scientist, TNO and Maja Bendstein, Project Leader, Oeskraft on the EcoGrid project – a test bed for some of the most advanced consumer engagement programmes in Europe
For the full list of the current speakers, please click here.
To be part of a dynamic community of Scandinavian leading minds and an emerging new energy economy, join us in Stockholm on 17-18 April.
Make sure to secure your space in the debate, and enjoy a special rate saving you up to € 600 if you register by 1 February.
I look forward to welcoming you in Stockholm in April!
P.S. Secure your seat at Smart Utilities Scandinavia 2013 before 1 February and save up to € 600!