How can you select a system architecture that supports your business case, not the other way round?
There are numerous challenges to a comprehensive and successful pan-European smart metering rollout. One of the most costly and critical aspects is your system architecture.
Done well, it will yield high returns, manage high volumes of data and deliver intelligent real-time information and consumption pattern analysis. Done badly, the system will not be sufficiently flexible and inoperable to support a complex flow of information and will require ongoing and costly re-investments.
Bearing these challenges in mind, it is extremely important to get your strategy right and invest in robust, future-proof and scalable technologies that have a potential for long term rates of return, while keeping initial investments at a manageable level.
So you need to ask yourself these questions:
- How do you invest prudently and not let the cost jeopardize your business case?
- Does your current system support open flow of information?
- How secure is your network? How vulnerable is it to cyber-attacks?
- How do you ensure that the communication technologies in placeare capable of full integration with future smart grid?
Feeling overwhelmed? Why not help yourself by getting the practical tips and insights to ensure your IT infrastructure will stand up to scrutiny?
Join us at Metering, Billing/CRM Europe 2011. Across 3 days, our expert speaker line-up promises you to deliver these insights. Hear from:
- Johan Rambi from Alliander on privacy and security implementation programmes
- Nicolas Arcauz and Inigo Lrumbe from Iberdola on interoperability issues from the world’s largest smart meter deployment
- GSM Association, NSN Networks and Silver Spring Networks on best practices in wireless technologies
- Marc Boillot from ERDF on an overview of IT infrastructure needed in transition to smart grid
For the full programme click here
Add value to your team and project - Get specialised training!
Use the opportunity at Metering/ Billing/ CRM Europe to get specific specialized training by signing up for the pre conference seminar on Security and privacy hosted by KEMA – FREE for pre-registered conference delegates! This is the quickest way to update your skills in this specialized area. To view the programme of the Security and Privacy Seminar click here.
Register now to secure your FREE pass to the Security and privacy seminar and SAVE €300 off your Metering, Billing/CRM Europe ticket. We have strictly limited places to the seminar, we therefore strongly advise you to register now. Please quote your booking code: MEU-12 to secure your discount.
PS. Remember that Metering, Billing/CRM Europe 2011 is the only place where you will get the first hand insights and practical tips to ensure your IT infrastructure is secure before you go live!