A new report by Pike research shows that the deployment of smart meters has created a ‘data tsunami’, with a surge of data resulting from smart meters and other intelligent devices on the smart grid. Harnessing this huge increase of data and crucially turning it into meaningful information remains elusive until efficient data analytics are developed. This situation is stimulating the development of a new market for smart grid data management, which, the study anticipates, will generate $11.3 billion in cumulative revenue from 2011 to 2015.
Is your smart meter smart enough to handle a data tsunami?
Collecting, measuring and analyzing energy usage requires advanced and convergent systems in place. Without this the full potential of the smart meter is significantly reduced. Utilities are still struggling with extracting a tangible business value of out of collated data, with the main challenge the sheer volume of on-stream meter information. They all agree that getting MDM right is fundamental to a successful smart metering strategy.
Does your current MDM strategy identify the true value of data?
Do you know how to turn its potential into a business asset?
How can you ensure you are getting it right?
Join us at Metering, Billing/CRM Europe 2011 where leading European data experts will zoom in on all these issues, showcasing the most up-to-date projects and technologies available to unlock an unparalleled business potential out of metering data. Find out how you can use it intelligently and give your business a real value!
- Frits Bliek of KEMA’s PowerMatching City live lab, on the optimisation of data in a smart grid environment
- Anders Birke, of DONG Energy, on the importance of data to integration of virtual power plants
- Bram Reinders of Alliander, on the security and resilience of smart meter data from both physical and cyber perspectives
- Roberta Bigliani of IDC Energy Insights, on cyber security and its growing relevance to utilities
- Julian Anderton and Jason Brogden of the UK Energy Retail Association on the use of smart metering data to deliver customer and supplier benefits
- This is your chance to get the answers to those pressing data management questions you encounter on a daily basis!
A sample of those already confirmed:
Alliander, ASM Terni, Ausgrid, Bixia, BKK Nett AS, CEZ, Creos S.A., DELTA N.V., DONG Energy, Dravske elektrarne Maribor d.o.o., E.ON Finland, E.ON Germany, E.ON IT Czech Republic s.r.o., E.ON IT Hungary Kft, Eandis, EDF,EDF R&D, EDP Distribuição, Eesti Energie, EnBW Operations GmbH, EnBW Regional AG, Endesa, ENECO, Enel Distribuzione Spa, Energijos tiekimas, Energosoft AD, Enexis, ERDF, Essent, EVN Bulgaria, EVN Netz GmbH, Gas Natural Fenosa, GDF Suez, GrDF, Haderslev Fjernvarme, Iberdrola, Infrax, Intergas Energie B.V., Latvenergo, LESTO, Liander, Netorka, NTE Nett AS, OFGEM…and many more
In case you have not registered and would like to learn from their experiences and numerous success stories, please make sure you register now.
Our Metering team is looking forward to welcoming you to the lovely city of Amsterdam for three exciting days!
PS. The 13th annual Metering, Billing/CRM Europe conference and exhibition is the only place where 4200+ key industry stakeholders will unite discuss the issues and solutions specific to your data management questions.