Itron will host its flagship event, Itron Utility Week (IUW), virtually for smart city and utility leaders in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region on April 21 and 22, 2021.
Following Itron’s first-ever regional Itron Utility Week in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), the two-day event will bring together leaders virtually to share insights and solutions to address pressing challenges in APAC.
To ensure the safety of all attendees in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the customer-focused event will be completely virtual.
Marina Donovan, vice president of global marketing and public affairs at Itron, said: “Despite the challenges 2020 brought, it equipped us to shift our Itron Utility Week to a virtual platform, and we are excited take advantage of accessibility of virtual events to bring our customer-focused event to APAC.
“For this APAC-focused event, we will gather industry experts, colleagues and thought leaders for a virtual conference filled with opportunities to learn from one another, share fresh perspectives and open the door to endless possibilities through innovation.”
Read more about Itron Utility Week in EMEA:
Connected cities during COVID and beyond
Tips for a successful utility grid modernisation programme
Avista Utilities records financial benefits from AMI rollout with Itron
Paul Nelsen, vice president of sales, APAC at Itron, adds: “We are delighted to bring Itron’s flagship event to our customers and partners in APAC, giving utilities, cities and thought leaders the opportunity to discover new ways to solve problems, improve operation and redefine the industry in APAC.
“Whether you’re just starting your journey and looking to learn best practices, or an industry veteran looking to maximize your investments, you won’t want to miss IUW APAC.”
Itron Utility Week APAC will be offered virtually and at no charge. All content and subtitles will be in English.
What: Itron Utility Week APAC 2021 includes peer-led breakout sessions about technology, trends and best practices; insightful keynotes from industry leaders; engaging and thought-provoking panels; and an interactive product showcase of select Itron solutions.
When: April 21-22, 2021
Sessions: Keynote and featured sessions at Itron Utility Week APAC include:
- Opening Keynote: Tom Deitrich, Itron’s CEO and president, will open the event with Paul Nelson, Itron’s vice president of sales for APAC, to discuss key industry trends and drivers for Asia Pacific utilities, municipalities and cities. They will discuss Itron’s continued drive to provide innovative and affordable solutions that enable the reliable delivery of energy and water and improve quality of life through smart cities and communities.
- Breakout Sessions: Tailored breakout sessions provide the opportunity to learn from industry peers and Itron employees who have a firsthand understanding of the issues at play in the sector. Among the topics that will be covered are:
- The experience of a first time AMI rollout in southeast Asia;
- Quantifying the value and benefits of distributed intelligence;
- The rise of renewables and impacts to grid management;
- Building a safe future for gas;
- Improving operational visibility and efficiency to reduce non-revenue water and more.
For more information about Itron Utility Week APAC: Empowering Innovation, visit www.itron.com/iuwapac.