As part of Smart Energy International’s global series of Excellence Awards, we are proud to announce the 2011 Smart Energy International Excellence awards for the North American utility sector.
Challenges faced in today’s utility operating environment have never existed before in the utility industry. Like all challenges, there are always some entities that look at these challenges as opportunities. The industry leaders who seize these opportunities will be recognized for their leadership and efforts at the 2011 Smart Energy International Excellence Awards.
The Smart Energy International Excellence Awards will be presented at the 12th Annual Metering, Billing/MDM America Conference & Exhibition in Dallas during the Opening Keynote Session
on Tuesday April 19, 2011.
Three awards will be presented recognizing:
- Business Case Excellence
- Customer Service Excellence
Electric and water utilities from across North America are eligible to be nominated. Utilities can be nominated by anybody in the industry. Nominate a colleague that has pulled off the seemingly impossible, or a client that has taken your technology solution “to the next level.”
Each nomination will be reviewed by the panel of judges. The judging panel is composed of objective industry observers chaired by Jonathan Spencer-Jones (Editor of Smart Energy International magazine).
Nominate a deserving winner who is shaping the power and water utility industry today! Nomination forms, judging criteria and terms and conditions can be found at www.meteringamerica.com
Smart Energy International Excellence Award winners from around the globe include:
- City of Ann Arbor, AMI for Water Advanced Metering Project
- Portland General Electric Company, Oregon, USA for Meter Data Management Project
- PPL Electric Utilities, Pennsylvania, USA for Customer Service Project
- Elster Metering for the V210 polymer water meter for the innovation award
- Enel Distribuzione for Business Performance Award
- Panasonic for Customer Excellence Award
- Hanze University for its intelligent infrastructure for consumer energy.
- Växjö Energi AB & WM-data for its energy efficiency project
- Sentec Ltd, for its Lattice gas meter technology
The deadline for nominations is march 18, 2011 so be sure to get your nomination in today!