AMI and Smart Grid deployment is big news in the Caribbean. The region faces serious energy issues and is subject to a huge amount of losses – but government and utilities are taking steps to improve the situation. Many utilities are either developing the business case for AMI deployment or have already completed it and are looking at the next steps. Government is exploring regulatory options for Smart Meters and AMI.
The entire Caribbean metering, billing and CRM community will be converging on Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic for the Metering, Billing/CRM Caribbean 2010 conference (www.meteringcaribbean.com). Taking place November 29th – December 1st, it’s the first ever event in the Caribbean to address AMI, Billing & CRM within the energy sector. Representatives from utility and technology companies will come together at this event to discuss the latest technologies and share their experiences.
The event is hosted by utility company CDEEE, and their Executive Vice President Celso Marranzini will be giving the keynote address outlining the Dominican Republic’s AMI strategy.
Highlights of the event include a workshop addressing the needs and requirements of Smart Grids and Energy Management Systems in the Caribbean as well as sessions on finance and regulation for optimizing energy efficiency in the Caribbean, controlling losses for revenue protection and energy efficiency, and optimizing customer relationship management through prepaid and post-billing.
Metering, Billing/CRM Caribbean 2010 features a host of industry-elite speakers from throughout the region including:
- Celso Marranzini, Vice President, CDEEE
- Ramon Montero, Executive Director, Instituto de Energia del Caribe
- Norman Titus, Metering Manager, JPSCO Jamaica
- Nathaniel George, Commercial Manager, Dominica Electricity Services Ltd
- Pedro Antmann, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Carlos Burgo, Director of Metering & Fraud, EGE Haina
- Ricardo Van Erven, Technology Director, AES Eletropaulo
- Jose Inostroza Lopez, General Manager, CEPM - Consorcio Energético Punta Cana Macao
- Luis Rodriguez, Director of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Industry & Commerce
- Brent Hughes, Senior Consultant, WIPRO
- Rafael Mateu Lazcano, Gerente de Servicio al Cliente e Ingeniería, Comisión Federal de Electricida México
- Oscar Armijos, Managing Director, Electricidad de Guayaquil
- Roger Slotkin, CEO, OneWorld Energy
- Juan José Carhuarupay AtapaucarMajor Clients Manager, EDE norte Dominicana
- Jackie Lemmerhirt, Senior Director of Product Management, Aclara
- Oscar Dominguez, System Solutions Manager Latin America and Caribbean, Elster Solutions, LLC
- Javier Sánchez Rodríguez, Regional Manager LATAM North, OSISoft
- Miguel Hernandez, Partner, EMI Mercado
- José Antonio Vanderhorst-Silverio, System Consultant, Grupo Millennium Hispaniola
- Jose Leonardo Marinas, Vice President, IBS
- Dulio Maita, Regional Consulting Director, Oracle
- Vitaly Luban, Founder, Senior Designer North Star Networks
- Mao T. Wang, Founder, North Star Networks Latin America
For more information on the events and to view the updated programs, go to the event website www.meteringcaribbean.com
For more information regarding the events, the program or to organize interviews with speakers, please contact: Nicola Freeman, Conference Producer, Spintelligent by email Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44 (0)7909 092 991