DECC will expand on deployment strategies for this £11 billion investment in detail at our upcoming Smart Metering UK and Ireland Conference (2 & 3 June, London), which will tackle all the critical issues facing the deployment of smart metering in GB.
I am delighted to announce that the conference agenda for Smart Metering UK and Ireland has now been refined and finalized.
Smart Metering UK & Ireland 2011 delivers more utility perspectives than any other conference in the UK. This is your chance to connect with them on a personal level and get the answers to those questions you encounter on a daily basis!
The following key issues, outlined in the prospectus will be addressed by the Department of Energy and Climate change, E.ON, Npower, EDF, ESB, ERA, Consumer Focus, BEAMA, Sustainability first and a host of others:
- Delivering smart metering to GB consumers, managing consumer experience of the smart metering rollout, helping consumers understand their energy use, along with managing privacy and data access concerns
- Approach to the rollout of smart meters, rollout strategy, obligations on suppliers to deliver, monitoring and reviewing and other operational aspects of rollout
- Common requirements for smart metering equipment, functional and technical requirements along with system security
- Smart metering communications and data management exploring scope and services, regulatory and commercial models and the establishment of the DCC’s services and transitional arrangements
- Managing the programme review of responsibilities, the role of OGEM, governance and management of the programme, and the Phase 2 plan