The Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative (SECC) has announced the recipients of its 2019 Best Practices Awards at the 2019 Consumer Symposium, hosted as part of DistribuTECH.
The awards, now in their second year, highlight successful programmes, products and strategies from electricity providers in five categories.
While electricity providers have made considerable investments in developing a smarter energy ecosystem, the Best Practices Awards aim to ensure that consumers are receiving tangible benefits from these energy innovations by showcasing success stories that can serve as examples to the industry at large.
After receiving many nominations throughout the fall of 2018, the award winners were selected by an independent advisory panel of 10 experts from a wide range of energy industry stakeholders, including consumer advocacy organisations, government agencies and consulting firms.
The five winners of the 2019 Best Practices Awards are:
- Reliant has been awarded with the Smart Energy Innovation Award for their groundbreaking work around voice assistants for home energy management.
- Entergy has been awarded with the Culture Transformation Award for transitioning to a more customer-focused internal culture that's more adept at responding to consumers' needs.
- NB Power has been awarded with the Consumer Engagement Award for revitalising their energy efficiency portfolio with a focus on achieving high customer engagement metrics.
- Avangrid has been awarded with the Underserved Markets Award for developing an energy efficiency programme that effectively educates and engages lower-income consumers.
- Austin Energy has been awarded with the Consumer Education Award for its Austin Energy All-stars programme that educates students, parents and teachers to build a more energy-conscious community
"Today's energy ecosystem is increasingly becoming more customer focused, but there's a lot more work to be done to reach all consumers," said Patty Durand, president & CEO, SECC. "These winners demonstrate great examples of consumer-focused innovation, and we hope that they will pave the way for other industry stakeholders to follow."
More information on the winning programmes can be found in the 2019 Best Practices Guide, and a webinar featuring representatives of the five award winners will be held on Wednesday, March 6 at 1 p.m. (ET).