Smart Energy International recently released the program for the annual Metering, Billing/CRM Latin America conference. Over sixty utility industry leaders have agreed to speak to an audience of approximately 500 people composed of utility professionals, government parties, consultants, solutions providers and manufacturers. The participants will gather in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 25 – 27 September 2006 to hear the speakers discuss the latest trends and developments for innovation in the electricity, water and gas utility sectors.
Featured speakers include:
- Ronaldo Schuck, Secretary of Energy, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazil
- Marcelo Llévenes, Endesa Country Manager and Chief Executive Officer, Ampla, Brazil
- Luthero de Castro, President, Companhia Estadual de Águas e Esgotos (CEDAE), Brazil
- Manoel Negrisoli, Distribution Regulatory Superintendent, Electric Energy National Agency (ANEEL), Brazil
- Mauricio Correa, Assessor, Energy and Gas Regulation Commission (CREG), Colombia
- Ricardo Botelho, Vice-President of Operations, Sistema Cataguazes Leopoldina (SCL), Brazil
- Carlos Zilli, Senior Consultant, IPcom Technologies, Uruguay
- Claudio Rivera, Vice President of Revenue Protection, Ampla, Brazil
- Dora Abla Ruge Rojas, Billing Manager, Codensa, Colombia
- Paulo Ramos, Member of Parliament, State of Rio de Janeiro Parliament, Brazil
- Alfonso Valverde Madriz, Energy Management Manager, CNFL, Costa Rica
- Raimundo Alves de Redenze, Volumetric Metering Instruments Manager – DIVOL, INMETRO, Brazil
Topics to be presented at Metering, Billing/CRM Latin America include: regulatory updates, automatic meter reading (AMR), sub-metering, intelligent grids, communication systems, new billing technologies, data management, customer service plans, fraud and non-technical losses, revenue management, and payment solutions
AMPLA, Light, CEG and CEDAE are pleased to be the host utilities of this international event, and Choice Technology, Elster, SPL and Synapsis are the primary sponsors.
Marcelo Llévenes, CEO of Ampla, comments: "Ampla is proud to be the host of an international event as important as this one, which we are sure will be of benefit to all delegates. During the conference our company will present some of its projects, such as Rede Ampla and the installation of electronic metering in residences. We will also offer a tour to some sites where these new technologies have been implemented in the field."
Metering, Billing/CRM Latin America 2006 is co-located with The Latin America Prepayment Week, the Executive Insider Briefings and the fourth Latin American Revenue Protection Association (LARPA) annual meeting.