- Nov 10 2020
Webinar recording: In pursuit of carbon neutrality
Webinar broadcast date: 10 November 2020
10h00 New York | 15h00 GMT| 15h00 London | 16h00 Paris | 16h00 Amsterdam | 17h00 Johannesburg | 20h30 New Delhi | 23h00 Singapore | 02h00 Melbourne
2020 has been a year of dramatic and rapid change for the energy industry: Consumption fell by up to 20% during peak lockdown periods; global greenhouse gas emissions dropped to the lowest levels since World War II; and the share of renewables surged to more than 40% in some markets. But is this progress? Are these changes sustainable? Will these actions help the world reach our climate change goals?
These are some of the key questions posed by the authors of the 22nd Edition of the World Energy Markets Observatory (WEMO), Capgemini’s annual thought leadership and research report that tracks the development and transformation of energy markets around the world. The latest edition of WEMO reveals how the global pandemic has altered the course of the industry—and what these points suggest about our ability to create sustainable change in the future.
We invite you to join our experts as they review key findings from this year’s WEMO in a webinar: In pursuit of carbon neutrality: What the World Energy Markets Observatory reveals about our climate change and energy transition goals.
- The status of near- and long-term climate change goals outlined in the Paris Accord
- How green recovery packages could accelerate sustainability efforts
- Mitigating security of supply issues due to increased use of intermittent renewables
- Oil & Gas majors’ carbon neutrality strategy
- Electricity and gas retail market recovery
- Utility financial impact from COVID-19 and other geopolitical issues
- Capgemini’s key recommendations for a sustainable future
Speakers: Philippe Vié, Energy & Utilities Sector Head, Capgemini Colette Lewiner, Senior Energy Advisor to Capgemini Chairman Elfije Lemaitre, North America Energy Lead, Capgemini