The European Investment Bank (EIB) has approved up to €4.9 billion in investment for clean energy, sustainable transport, high-speed communications and social housing, as well as health and education infrastructure across the world.
Of the approved investments:
- €1.7 billion will be made in corporate innovation, industrial energy efficiency and business investment through direct financing and credit lines with local financial partners.
- €1.7 billion of new financing for private sector investment to reduce industrial energy use, develop medical devices and accelerate the digitalisation of postal services.
Projects including energy in Serbia, Spain and Romania are set to benefit from this investment.
- €1 billion will be invested in clean energy investment across Europe and Central Asia.
EU countries including Spain, Austria, Uzbekistan, the Netherlands and Austria have secured the bank’s signature to receive funding under this investment.
Spain will develop 18 new solar projects and Uzbekistan to implement energy efficiency measures.
- €983 million will support sustainable transportation projects in Denmark, Germany, Italy and Poland.
Enlit Europe will feature innovative companies accelerating decarbonisation at Europe’s largest gathering of companies driving and leading the energy transition. Are you going to be there? Click here to join us in Milan between 27 and 29 October.
Research and development projects at the Universities of Santiago de Compostela and Vigo in northern Spain are also set to benefit from the investment.
- €445 million will be used to support five projects that are expected to mobilise an estimated €1.4 billion of new transport, energy, agriculture, and small business investment.