Navigant Research has issued the results of a survey conducted the smart buildings market.
The study was conducted in partnership with multiple smart buildings companies to:
- Distinguish traditional systems and master systems integrators
- Gather data about projects experiences, customer expectations and business reach
- Determine factors driving and negatively impacting consumer investments in smart buildings
Key study findings include:
- Most believe that analytics offerings and services differentiate integrators today
- The preferred systems to integrate are building management systems, energy management systems, metering, lighting and access control
- Most integrators do not have a formal cybersecurity policy
Casey Talon, research director at Navigant Research, said: “The Systems Integrator market is bifurcated today between experts in IT and experts in building systems, but the opportunity to bring these skill-sets together is enormous.
“Real estate owners are poised to make major investments in smart building technologies and they are looking for resources with scale and multi-dimensional skill-sets that can manifest and support their strategy and vision. A new breed of Master Systems Integrators may just be the link between vision and reality that the market needs.”
Solution providers who participated in the study include Anixter International Inc., Lynxspring, Inc. and SkyFoundry, LLC.