ABI Research has issued a new whitepaper analysing transformative technologies in a wide range of industries.
The whitepaper looks at technologies including 5G and mobile network infrastructure, digital security, M2M/IoT/LTE, smart cities, smart mobility and smart phones and wearables.
The whitepaper encompasses the findings of a study conducted by ABI Research during the 2019 Mobile World Congress, held in Barcelona, Spain in February,
Some of the findings include:
- Private LTE is slowly getting momentum in a market where 5G takes all the headlines.
- A new trend is emerging in the convergence of MSPs and cloud giants as the two categories need each other.
- As a form factor, iSIM is clearly positioning to take advantage of the massive IoT to address low power, computing capable, and low-cost device types.
- Innovation within the payment cards space has clearly moved down the value chain to smaller, more agile players, particularly from a fingerprint sensor perspective.
- The unveiling of fundamental new business strategies and market positioning for traditional IoT module and chipset suppliers.
- Today's mobile industry needs to change, adopt new technologies, failure to change the industry will become unclear
Download the complete whitepaper at https://go.abiresearch.com/2019-mobile-world-congress-reality-check.