From 2G to 5G: 5 things you need to know for smarter utilities
ABI Research estimates that smart meter rollouts, led by energy and water utilities, will result in a global installed base of more than 1.1 billion smart meters within the next five years. Smart electricity meters will constitute the largest share, occupying more than 72% of the overall installed base of smart meters.
How do you take advantage of this growing opportunity, leveraging currently available technology while ensuring design compatibility as new technology becomes available?
Listen to the recording today to:
- Understand the opportunities from renewed carrier commitment to 2G in Europe for smart utilities.
- Discuss the impact of 5G on smart metering.
- Evaluate new technology and how it can improve device design and security.
- Look at ways to streamline operations and reduce costs with new no-hardware SIM technology.
- Review ways to take advantage of increased bandwidth for utilities as hardware and data-plan costs continue to drop.