Electrify America has released its first level 2 electric vehicle home charger to improve consumer E charging experience.
The aim is to increase EV charging infrastructure as part of efforts to encourage the adoption of EVs.
The 7.6KW EV home charger is compatible with all EV models available on the market.
The new platform charges 6 times faster than the typical Level 1 charger provided to some new EV owners.
Additional features of the Electrify America home charger include:
- Flexible installation options: For easy installation, the L2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240-volt outlets commonly found in households.
- Indoors or outdoors: The home charger is equipped with a NEMA 3R enclosure, allowing it to be mounted inside or outside. A 24-foot long cable makes it easy to reach and plug into your car.
- Coloured light that indicates charging status: An LED colour indicator makes it easy to view charging status, with a ring around the charger that lights up blue while the car is charging and lights up green when the battery is full.
- The technology of the future: The home charger is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows Electrify America to provide customers with even more data about their home charging sessions and will enable utility demand response programmes in the future.
- Three-year warranty, 24-hour support: Electrify America offers a three-year warranty and 24-hour customer support.
Nina Huesgen, senior manager of operations and programme management at L2, said: “At Electrify America, we are constantly innovating to meet the diverse needs of electric vehicle drivers and are excited to expand our product offering to help advance EV adoption.
“We recognize that many of today’s EV drivers do more than 80% of their charging at home and with the introduction of our L2 home chargers, Electrify America is providing consumers with a more convenient and reliable option that should help increase the appeal of EV ownership.”