Automaker Hyundai has partnered with Enel X to accelerate the electrification of the transport industry, by simplifying driver access to electric vehicle chargers.
Enel X and Hyundai are integrating their solutions for residential and public charging to buyers of Hyundai EV models.
Enel X will install its JuiceBox home charging infrastructure for buyers of Hyundai’s Kona Electric and IONIQ Electric.
The EV drivers will receive special services including:
- A visit from a specialised technician to inspect consumer homes and to check the adequacy of the electrical system and determine any work required.
- Free technical support from a dedicated Contact Center.
- Connection to the EMM (Electric-Mobility Management) remote control system.
- A 5-year extended warranty of the JuiceBox, similar to that offered by Hyundai on its entire EV range.
- Either 780KWh or 1,620KWh of energy, equivalent to 5,000km and 10,000km, respectively, to be used over a 24-month period.
- Drivers of the two EV models will also be able to charge at Enel X’s public charging points in Italy and the rest of Europe, in fast mode.
Alessio Torelli, head of Enel X in Italy, said: “We are pleased to have established an alliance that will simplify the shift to electric vehicles and that represents another step forward in the transition towards fully sustainable mobility.
“Our innovative solutions will enable drivers who choose Hyundai electric vehicles to fill up conveniently at home and to have access to the most widespread network of standard and fast charging points in Italy and Europe.”
The electrification of the transport industry is a hot topic set for discussion at this year’s European Utility Week and POWERGEN EUROPE conference which takes place from the 12th to the 14th of November 2019. Click here to register to attend or for more information about the event.
Andrea Crespi, general manager of Hyundai Italy, added: “Through initiatives of this kind, together with an efficient and technologically advanced range of EVs, we make electric mobility an increasingly realisable and practical prospect, free of worries such as charging and warranties. A true flagship achievement for Hyundai in Italy.”