Automaker Porsche has added the Taycan 4S as its new electric vehicle model.
The sports sedan is powered by two batteries of different sizes. One provides a standard performance of up to 522hp (390KW) and the optional battery pack providing up to 563hp (420KW).
The Porsche Taycan 4S accelerates from a standing start to 60mph in as little as 3.8 seconds. The top track speed is 155mph in both cases.
The new EV model falls under the firm’s Taycan series comprising the Taycan Turbo SS and the Taycan Turbo.
Unique features of the new Taycan include:
- Fast charging and increased numbers of charging sites
- Porsche has partnered with a number of operators of EV charging infrastructure to ensure its customers have access to more EV chargers.
Drivers can take advantage of a three-pronged infrastructure strategy which includes:
- A free 30-minute charging session for three years at Electrify America sites nationwide
- DC fast chargers at Porsche dealerships
- Home charging to start every day with a charged battery. US Porsche customers can go to www.amazon.com/porschecharging for convenient installation of a 240V home charging plug or charging device.
When plugged into an 800-volt high-speed DC charging station, charging from 5% to 80% state of charge can occur in as little as 22.5 minutes.
The Taycan 4S is scheduled to arrive in US dealerships in spring 2020. Prices in the US start at $103,800 for the Taycan 4S with the Performance Battery and $110,380 for the Taycan 4S equipped with the Performance Battery Plus.