Research firm Delta and decentralised energy solutions firm SmartEN have launched a new EU Market Monitor for Demand-Side Flexibility for 2019.
According to the report:
- The UK, France and Germany are leading on demand-side flexibility integration.
- Sweden, Spain and Portugal lag behind the rest of Europe for all areas covered in the report.
- Industrial loads and distributed generators are the most commonly used DSF assets.
- Aggregators are dominating the DSF landscape and creating the market.
- Industrial customers are the most engaged with DSF, over commercial and residential.
Related more about:
The report looks at demand-side flexibility value stream availability and accessibility, monetisation and the breadth of customer engagement across 21 EU markets.