Sign up for our webinar: 16 September 2020 at 14h00 GMT | 10h00 EDT
Are you a utility wanting to build a broadband network to bridge the digital divide in our communities? Rural broadband is vital for getting our economy and society going again.
Our industry has a great responsibility to bring technologies that will make our society smarter, safer and better – no matter what. This is important now more than ever with the upcoming RDOF auction, as well as proven by the digital divide during the pandemic. Utilities are ideally suited to meet this challenge.
Participants in this webinar will discuss 5 critical areas of how building broadband networks create economic efficiencies for bridging the digital divide:
- Why building rural broadband networks are vital for getting our economy and society going again? And what the benefits are for tangent verticals?
- The main challenges in building rural broadband networks and focus areas for service providers
- Various deployment scenarios and network architectures for rural broadband networks
- Revenue target segments and operational use cases for rural broadband service providers
Adopting a new strategy around fibre can be daunting and stimulate many questions for utilities. Nokia can help find answers to questions utilities may have when deploying a broadband network:
- Where do I deploy?
- Should I deploy copper or fiber?
- Are FWA solutions more cost-effective?
- Will 5G make fiber obsolete?
- What should I deploy in a rural environment?
- Liana Ault, Energy Innovation Lead – Nokia
- Peter Johnson, Fixed Networks Market Development & Strategy – Nokia