First worldwide implementation of DLMS over LoRaWAN with industrial-grade devices will be demonstrated at the event.
The DLMS User Association is a non-profit organisation that develops, maintains, supports and promotes the DLMS/COSEM specification for data exchange for smart metering, smart energy management, and related fields. The LoRa Alliance has a liaison with DLMS to develop and support a new DLMS communication profile over LoRaWAN networks, which emphasizes the versatility of LoRaWAN.
The LoRa Alliance booth will feature the following demos:
- ProEsys will show LoRaWAN solutions for monitoring critical infrastructures like railways, energy transportation and roads for long-term structural issues.
- Vertical M2M will feature a water metering use case with Axioma, a heat and cooling use case with Landis+Gyr, and a remote pipe control use case with Strega technologies.
- IHM Pacific will showcase single-phase din rail smart meter with LoRaWAN communication, designed and produced by Andrea Informatique.
- Acklio will highlight the importance of the SCHC adaptation layer, the core innovation behind Acklio’s software solutions that enable the compatibility of smart meters using IP communication with LoRaWAN.
- Euridis association will showcase the first implementation of DLMS over LoRaWAN featuring electricity network products from Cahors and Sicame with support from Acklio, Actility, Semtech and Vientech.
“Utilities are one of the leading applications for LoRaWAN having quickly become the de facto standard for this market,” said Donna Moore, CEO and Chairwoman of the LoRa Alliance. “The LoRaWAN standard is easy to implement, cost-effective and able to deliver rapid ROI to address critical market needs.”