Transparency Market Research predicts the global SCADA market for water and wastewater management will witness a 5.5% growth between 2015 and 2025.
Revenue generation is expected to increase from US$1,267.4 million to US$2,172.1 million during the forecast period.
Factors driving growth of the market include:
- Increasing investment in water and wastewater infrastructure
- Increasing complexities in maintenance and management of water and wastewater facilities
- Increasing efficiency in wastewater management using SCADA systems. The technology is being used to obtain data from remote devices such as valves and pumps and offer remote control from a host software platform.
- The growing practices of adoption of new and advanced technologies in the industrial sector
- An increase in governments implementing policies stipulating enhancements in monitoring and controlling water and wastewater resources
The services segments held more than 55% of the market share in 2016 whilst the industrial sector is expected to dominate the market through to 2025. The industrial segment is projected to record a 6% increase.
In 2016, North America led with more than 33% of the global SCADA market for water and wastewater management.
Developing economies are expected to witness a significant increase in adoption.
On the other hand factors hindering the market growth include design complexities, lack of awareness and the high installation cost of equipment used for water treatment.