2019 is set to be a stellar year for the industry and for the Clarion Power and Energy team as we bring you bigger and better events and news in conjunction with our colleagues across the world.
Off the back of a very successful European Utility Week, I wanted to share some pictures of the amazing team we had onsite – all of whom worked to make the event both fruitful and memorable. Nothing we do is ever done in isolation and it always requires a team of people to make it appear effortless and polished.
This edition is packed with news from the United States and our special #DTECH2019 supplement (Pgs 34-49) will give you a good indication of the must attend and must see elements of the event. Be sure to read pages 34-35 for this ‘cannot be missed’ information. We share insights from speakers at the event, along with expert opinion on the role of blockchain, how utilities are transforming their customer experience and the impact of new FERC regulations on utility supply chain management.
What does 2019 have in store for us? That’s always the question with which we start a new year and this year there are some exciting things ahead. We canvassed some key industry thought leaders about their predictions for 2019 and you can read what they believe the industry will deliver (pg 63).
Here are some thoughts:
• Broadband will be a big topic.
• We will see a lot of blurring of the lines between the traditional utilities and oil and gas sectors.There will be more challengers and more non-traditional utility companies entering the market.
• More and more women coming into the industry and in leadership positions too.
• There is going to be increased consolidation.
The growing trend of big utilities and oil companies getting in on the act. Speaking of the year ahead, be sure to note the following dates in your schedule.
• DistribuTECH2019: 5 – 7 February 2019, New Orleans, United States
• China Utility Week: 15-16 April 2019, Shanghai, China • African Utility Week: 14 – 16 May 2019, Cape Town, South Africa
• Asian Utility Week: 3 – 4 September 2019, MITEC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• European Utility Week: 12-14 November 2019, Paris, France
• Australian Utility Week: 27-28 November 2019, Melbourne, Australia
Be sure not to miss the most important dates of your year!
Wishing you all the best for an amazing 2019, Until next time!
Read the digital magazine here.