As part of the agreement:
- Enel X has agreed to support Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' new electric vehicle models.
- Enel X will provide intelligent charging solutions to FCA’s plants, offices and research and development centers and dealership offices in Italy, Spain and Portugal
- Some 700 EV charging stations will be installed at FCA's premises in Italy over the next two years
- Enel will also help customers of FCA with customer parking, test-drive and service areas
- The two will jointly design and test new e-mobility services and product upgrades
The aim is to boost the uptake of electric vehicles.
Francisco Venturini, head of Enel X, said: “Partnerships like this one, bringing together the energy utility sector and the car manufacturing industry, are of paramount importance to boost electric mobility which is a key driver in the energy transition.
“We are committed to pooling our global experience in advanced energy services with FCA’s renowned expertise in car manufacturing to develop new solutions and business models pushing innovation in e-mobility. This partnership perfectly fits within Enel X’s strategy which includes plans for the deployment of public charging networks in Italy, Spain and Romania and several partnerships with public administrations and private players to accelerate the e-mobility revolution.”