Cape Town, South Africa --- (METERING.COM) --- February 21, 2012 - Utiviti, a new low cost mobile phone technology, has been introduced by mobile business solutions provider Touchwork providing the ability to turn the cell phones of the utility workforce into powerful, real time data collection devices.
Utiviti is aimed to enable better management of critical operational processes within a utility, from revenue protection, meter installation, reading, and auditing to asset management, work orders and seal life cycle management.
Utiviti accommodates over 20 different question types including attaching photos, voice or video clips to audits. And with question branching, geo-location recording, routing schedules, push SMS/email reporting and fully user configurable reporting dashboards, it offers flexibility and ease of use.
Utiviti offers a number of key benefits:
- Real time data collection and additional business insight
- Better performance management and decision making
- Immediate reaction to exceptions reported
- Increased efficiency in collecting data
- Improved quality and access to historic data
- Reduced costs associated with data collection.
Utiviti operates with all mobile devices, thereby enabling universal deployment and minimizing hardware investment.