Melbourne, Australia --- (METERING.COM) --- November 13, 2012 - More than 700 high level professionals from international utilities, retailers and distributors will gather for the 10th Annual Smart Utilities Australia & New Zealand conference and exhibition in Melbourne from November 20-22.
Topics/challenges to be discussed at Smart Utilities Australia & New Zealand include:
- How can we make sure that smart technologies deliver benefits for both the utility and the customer?
- How can we engage and educate consumers to take an active role and be more energy efficient?
- What lessons can be learnt from regional and international utilities’ smart grid trials and initiatives?
- How can we ensure that new technologies like renewables, electric vehicles and smart homes are an opportunity instead of a threat for utilities?
- To what extent can water utilities learn from their electricity counterparts by looking at new ways to improve efficiency and sustainability?
In the multi-track conference, utility professionals will present updates on their latest project experiences, results and steps forward. International case studies from the U.S., Europe and Asia will encourage participants to stay tuned with the latest innovations and successes. Forward thinking technology providers and think tanks will explain how the evolution of smart technologies and smart appliances will have an impact on utilities’ current business processes and investment strategies.
The targeted, large scale exhibition will provide an excellent opportunity for visitors to get informed about the latest technologies and solutions to make their next steps more successful and to better prepare themselves for the ultimate smart grid.
Speaker highlights include:
- Charles Popple, Group General Manager – Networks Strategy and Development, SP AusNet,
- Ken Grant, General Manager of Marketing, Oklahoma Gas & Electric, U.S.A.
- Richard Twisk, General Manager, Electricity Networks, Jemena, Australia
- Tim Nelson, Head of Economic Policy and Sustainability, AGL Energy Ltd, Australia
- Felicia Brady, General Manager Program Delivery (Acting), Origin Energy, Australia
- Ron Beatty, Manager Market Operations, Electricity Authority, New Zealand
- Peter Casey, Energy Conservation & Demand Management, Energex, Australia
- Gareth Williams, Manager Strategic Solutions, Vector Limited, New Zealand
- Peter Bryant, General Manager, AMI Services, CitiPower Pty & Powercor Australia Ltd
- Kristian Handberg, Project Manager - Low Emission Vehicles, Department of Transport, Victoria, Australia
- Prof. George K. Beard, Alliance Manager, Office of Research & Strategic Partnerships, Portland State University, U.S.A.
- Alida Jansen van Vuuren, Smart Grid Strategy Manager, SA Power Networks, Australia
- Robert Simpson, Consultant, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Generation, Demand
- Management and Sustainability, Ausgrid, Australia
- Glenn Walden, Group Manager, Emerging Opportunities & Technology Development, Ergon
- Energy Corp Ltd, Australia
- Ken Thompson, Manager, Water Quality and Non-Revenue Water, Yarra Valley Water, Australia
- Andrew Chapman, Water System Manager, South East Water Limited, Australia
- Garry Peach, Customer Relationship Manager, Water Corporation, Australia.
For more information, visit www.smartutilities-ausnz.com