Hollywood, FL, U.S.A. — (METERING.COM) — September 14, 2012 – The winners of the 2012 annual Best-Run Utilities awards have been announced by SAP, recognizing North American customers for excellence and innovation in their visionary plans and successful implementations of the company’s solutions.
Utility companies are currently operating in a challenging environment, with fluctuating energy prices, rapidly evolving technology and increasing demands from customers for innovative services.
This year’s award winners include:
- Top Innovator – Mobility: CenterPoint Energy, which adopted a mobile platform, smartphones and smart meters to drive improvements for customers and employees.
- Top Innovator – Technology: Southern California Edison, which successfully implemented the SAP HANA® platform for real time analytics, reinforcing its position as a first-mover in adopting new technology to drive significant business benefits.
- Top Innovator – Technology: Hydro One, which continues to demonstrate commitment to meeting customer needs while working toward building the grid of the future by completing projects that span the complete value chain of its business.
- Project of the Year, U.S.: TECO Energy, which completed one of the most clean, trouble-free and cost-effective implementations of SAP® Business Suite software in the industry.
- Project of the Year, Canada: FortisBC, which finalized its new customer information system and opened new British Columbia-based customer service centers in 2011. The project was delivered on time and below budget.
- Utility of the Year: American Water, which recently launched the first phase of a major business transformation that is focused on providing improved customer service and greater operational efficiency.
“The awards celebrate top customer projects that show excellent vision, planning, project management and execution, as well as delivery of significant business benefits quickly and smoothly,” said Stefan Engelhardt, global head, Utilities at SAP. “We congratulate the winners and applaud their stories, which demonstrate the transformative power of our solutions in the hands of customers dedicated to innovating for the future.”