Toronto, ON, Canada — (METERING.COM) — August 26, 2011 – An innovative home monitoring and automation service, Smart Home Monitoring, aimed at delivering a connected personalized experience from remotely controlling thermostat levels to scheduling lights to turn on when you get home, has been launched in Ontario by Rogers.
Powered by Rogers cable and wireless networks, Smart Home Monitoring lets consumers automate and manage sensors, cameras, thermostats, lights and small appliances from their computer or smartphone.
“Consumers are looking for solutions to enable their connected home seamlessly, reliably and securely,” said Ian Pattinson, vice president and general manager, Smart Home Monitoring, Rogers Communications. “With Smart Home Monitoring, we have reinvented home security with easy home automation and energy management providing Rogers customers with a truly connected home of the future.”
At the heart of the system is an ultra-rugged, easy-to-use touchpad that consumers use to arm/disarm and manage their system. Available in wall-mount or table-top, the touchpad provides 1-touch access to home security functions, home automation apps for lighting, cameras and thermostats as well as multimedia apps for photos, traffic, weather and sports. When an alarm occurs, the touchpad instantly connects with the Rogers central monitoring station. The touchpad constantly communicates with its highly encrypted smart sensors throughout the home, checking their status, signal strength, battery level and even room temperature.
Additional features and benefits of the service include:
- Real-time, 24/7 monitoring at the Rogers Central Monitoring Station provided by certified security experts with over twenty years of experience in security, monitoring and emergency services
- IP-based dual network connections ensure constant connection of the home to the Rogers Central Monitoring Station
- Real-time sensor and video alerts sent via text and email
- Remote access from a computer or smartphone to securely view, control and arm/disarm the home
- Professional installation by specially-trained Rogers cable technicians
Smart Home Monitoring is now available to Rogers customers in the Rogers cable footprint across Ontario.