LODESTAR Corporation, provider of software solutions for the energy industry, announced the availability of an even more robust solution for meter data management. The revised LODESTAR Meter Data Management (MDM) solution offers energy providers improved functionality for handling large volumes of meter data to enable increased accuracy, flexibility and scalability.
Highlights of the MDM solution include:
- Standard import file formats including .lse and .mv9.
- Sophisticated file mapping functionality for other inbound files, including delimited, XML and .xls file formats.
- Automated processes for validating, estimating or otherwise correcting invalid data.
- Feature rich graphical analysis tools for comparing the raw data to system edited data, and for allowing and tracking any manual user changes.
- Integrated exceptions management for more efficient work management.
- Powerful and flexible rules-based engine for applying rules to prepare data for other uses like billing and settlement.
- Functionality for maintaining all historical versions of meter reads and audit trails on any user edits.
- Meter inventory management capability for managing meter returns, exchanges and other physical inventory functions
- Bolt-on transaction management capabilities to handle inbound and outbound data flows that require automated responses
- Bolt on pricing, billing, settlement, forecasting and other solutions that all use the same underlying data model and rules engine.