Those who would like to see demand response becoming a viable electricity option need to have the information and understanding to make this happen. A national town meeting on demand response is being convened to provide a forum where all interested parties can gather to discuss and share information on the topic. It is being sponsored by the US Demand Response Co-ordinating Committee in conjunction with the US Department of Energy, the FERC, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NARUC, NASEO (National Association of State Energy Officials), and the Alliance to Save Energy. The event will also be broadcast over the web.
The meeting takes place at the JW Marriott Hotel in Washington, DC on 21 June 2005. Topics to be addressed include:
- The role of policy in fostering or hindering demand response
- Myths and misconceptions about demand response
- The willingness of customers to respond to price signals
- Best ways to deliver demand response to customers
- Barriers to demand response – market, policy and institutional
- The role of technology