Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A. — (METERING.COM) — December 9, 2011 – The newly elected Governing Board members of the U.S. Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP) have been announced.
Beginning in January 2012, the following stakeholder categories will be represented as follows:
- Appliance and consumer electronics providers: Brian Markwalter, Consumer Electronics Association.
- Electric utility companies – Investor owned utilities (IOUs) and publicly owned utilities: George Bjelovuk, AEP
- Electric utility companies – Rural Electric Association (REA): Bob Saint, NRECA
- Information technology (IT) application developers and integrators: Brent Hodges, Tendril
- Professional societies, users groups, trade associations and industry consortia: Wayne Longcore, SAP
- Relevant federal government agencies: Lisa Kaiser, DHS
- Retail service providers: Mark Smith, Reliant
- State and local regulators: Paul Centolella, PUCO
- Transmission operators and independent system operators: David Forfia, ERCOT
- At-large: Doug Kim, SCE, John McDonald, GE, Don Von Dollen, EPRI
A runoff vote is pending for categories 3 (Consumers – residential, commercial and industrial) and 9 (Independent power producers), in which candidates were tied.