Dallas, TX, U.S.A. — (METERING.COM) — November 22, 2010 – The PowerLogic® PM1200 multifunction power meter and DM6200 digital panel meter have been launched by Schneider Electric.
The PM1200 and DM6200 meters are aimed at providing commercial, industrial and residential facilities with a simplified, low cost metering solution that monitors energy use, empowering users to make better choices about their power consumption and efficiency.
The PowerLogic PM1200 and DM6200 meters maximize use of existing power infrastructure by providing highly accurate, easy-to-read data that helps facility managers and consumers identify areas for energy savings to increase environmental sustainability and reduce energy costs. The DM6200 meter is used for equipment monitoring and preventive maintenance scheduling, and provides basic electrical values such as volts, amps, frequency and power factor. In addition to reporting the same basic measurements as the DM6200, the PM1200 also measures power, energy demand and total harmonic distortion and is best utilized for energy, power and demand monitoring, load studies and circuit optimization, energy balancing and energy optimization.
Key features of the PM1200 and DM6200 series of smart power meters include:
- A bright, easy-to-read 8 segment, alphanumeric LED display.
- Secure operations with password protection.
- Easy access to commonly viewed parameters via a “Turbo Key” button and auto scroll and lock features.
- A color coded, configurable load bar that provides at-a-glance display of current load.
- Rugged design to withstand industrial and commercial environments.
- Simple setup and installation features include a color-keyed terminal board label for accurate wiring.
- Versatile features such as universal voltages and configurable settings, enabling straightforward ordering for customers and simple product stocking for distributors.
- One PM1200 or DM6200 meter can replace multiple analog meters, saving valuable space in already tight panel boards, reducing installation costs and simplifying wiring.
“The PowerLogic PM1200 and DM6200 meters extend the PowerLogic family to provide customers with greater control of their energy expenses and increase environmental efficiency,” said Neel Sharma, business development manager at Schneider Electric. “The series is designed to be universal and affordable so users can gain complete control of their energy consumption.”
The PowerLogic PM1200 and DM6200 series meters are also compatible with Schneider Electric’s web hosted remote energy monitoring service, as well as other power monitoring solutions.
The PowerLogic PM1200 and DM6200 solutions are currently available in the United States through Schneider Electric channel partners.