San Ramon, CA, U.S.A. — (METERING.COM) — August 20, 2009 – Seventeen devices from 10 manufacturers using ZigBee Home Automation have been certified by the ZigBee Alliance and also enhancements to the public application profile have been announced.
"With 17 products from 10 global manufacturers passing our rigorous certification process, ZigBee Home Automation will be in a position to make a strong retail debut," said Bob Heile, chairman of the ZigBee Alliance. "With a total of 41 certified products, ZigBee Home Automation and ZigBee Smart Energy will give consumers more options to monitor and control their energy use while enjoying a smarter and safer home."
The products, which are fully interoperable, are as follows:
- 4Home – ControlPoint, Portal Server and SDK software products allowing the rapid development and deployment of connected home applications, including energy management, home monitoring and security, and media management
- AlertMe – Occupancy sensor that monitors rooms and corridors for motion
- AlertMe – Simple sensor for domestic windows and doors
- AlertMe – On/off button for wireless doorbell or panic button applications
- AlertMe – Access controller that serves as a key fob for the AlertMe Intruder Alarm service and recognizes a user’s occupancy
- Black & Decker – Kwikset SmartCode deadbolt with home connect technology enabling the door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home
- CentraLite – HA on/off light switches that can be controlled at the device itself or from any other ZigBee Home Automation enabled switch
- CentraLite – HA dimmer that can be controlled at the device itself or from any other ZigBee Home Automation enabled controller
- CentraLite – HA on/off switch can be bound to any ZigBee Home Automation compatible on/off device
- Control4 – Home Controller HC-300, the central building block for home automation
- Control4 – Wireless dimmer offering affordable, elegant and convenient lighting
- Jetlun – Jetlun Gateway (model RD75606), a controller that collects, stores and displays real-time energy consumption information
- Jetlun – Jetlun appliance module (model 75613), a three-prong electrical module with built-in advanced noise filtering technologies and surge protection
- MMB Research – HA Coordinator that provides control of thermostats, switches, sensors and other devices
- NETGEAR – ZEB102 ZigBee bridge that enables people to monitor and control their energy devices and in-home appliances over the internet
- Radio Thermostat Company of America – CT80 programmable communicating thermostat and in-home display fully compatible with all popular residential central heating and cooling systems
- SerComm – NA401 home automation gateway, a compact hardware platform supporting multiple communication interfaces.