Austin, TX, U.S.A. --- (METERING.COM) --- September 2, 2013 - A new development kit has been introduced by TI providing a compact, versatile evaluation platform for Tiva C Series TM4C123G microcontrollers (MCUs), and including robust software for easy USB and CAN connectivity
Featuring a Tiva C Series MCU with ARM Cortex- M4 core that integrates connectivity and sensor aggregation solutions, this kit makes it easy for designers to evaluate the Tiva C Series TM4C123x MCU’s peripherals and inputs/outputs (I/Os) for industrial, motion control, automation, human machine interface (HMI), lighting and consumer electronics applications.
The development kit includes everything a designer needs for a full system evaluation – host and device USB cables, on-board debug interface, and a coin cell battery for low-power hibernation mode. Accompanying the kit is an 8 GB USB drive that contains all the software, development environment tools and documents needed to create production software and evaluate USB OTG and CAN. The included wireless evaluation module headers provide an easy way to add TI wireless connectivity, including ZigBee CC2538EMK, ZigBee CC2530EMK, SimpleLink sub-1 GHz CC1200EMK, Bluetooth Dual-Mode CC256xQFNEM and SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000EM, as well as third-party wireless connectivity, to a system.
Tiva™ C Series TM4C123G USB+CAN development kit features include:
- A Tiva C Series TM4C123G MCU with 256 KB internal Flash and 144-LQFP with105 GPIOs for excellent prototyping capabilities
- Support for mixed signal applications with high performance analog integration with temperature sensor, LED, CAN transceiver and precision 3 V reference for accurate analog-to-digital conversion
- Incorporates USB micro-AB and microSD card slot for prototyping USB on-the-go applications and data storage
- Communicates with on-chip connectivity options, including USB 2.0 (host, device and on-the-go) interface and CAN transceiver
- Integrates useful output and interface options with a 96x64 color OLED display and five user navigation buttons
- Supports motion and position tracking with 9-axis motion sensor that includes a 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis magnetometer
- Allows standard debug interface and debug out capability with minor modifications using a 10-pin JTAG header.