WEC Energy Group has released its 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report which highlights the firm’s social, environmental and governance performance.
Key highlights from the report include:
- Helped customers to save more than 420GWh of electricity and 32 million therms of natural gas
- Spent $123 million on conservation programmes
- Spent $263 million with businesses qualified for the company’s Supplier Diversity Initiative and provided $17 million of grants and donations to non-profit organisations
- WEC Energy invested $6 million in climate change programmes since 2006
- The majority of the utility’s customers are supplied clean energy
- Company to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 80% below 2005 levels by 2050
- To reduce the rate of methane emissions from its natural gas distribution lines by 30% per mile from a 2011 baseline by 2030
- To modernise 2,000 miles of natural gas pipelines
“Our companies have provided vital services to our communities for more than a century,” said Gale Klappa, executive chairman – WEC Energy Group. “We look forward to a new era of sustainable growth across the Heartland.”
Subsidiaries of WEC Energy providing services to more than 4.5 million in total include We Energies, Wisconsin Public Service, Peoples Gas, North Shore Gas, Michigan Gas Utilities, Minnesota Energy Resources and Upper Michigan Energy Resources.