According to the fact sheet:
- The US zero-emission technology industry has employed 611,000 people in 2019 – source: US Energy Employment Report
- Some 855,000 people were employed in the US renewable energy industry in 2018. Globally, the number increased from 700,000 in 2017 to 11 million in 2018 – IRENA
- The energy efficiency sector now employs 3 million people in the US
Read more: Who is the best employer – decentralised renewables or the central grid?
- Climate adaptation and resilience has the potential to create more jobs as a result of climate change impacts
- Adaptation and resilience employment is predominantly in government (40%), non-governmental organisations (36%), and the private sector (16%)
- Energy storage supported a total of 71,149 jobs in 2018
- The advanced vehicle industry provided 241,053 jobs in 2018
- The smart grid sector supported 25,000 jobs (an increase of 5,255 from 2016)
- Solar jobs declined by 3.2% in 2018, whilst the wind industry recorded a 3,5% increase
- At global scale, China followed by Brazil and India are the largest provider of total renewable energy jobs.
The fact sheet is available for download here…