Conference: Metering, Billing/CRM Latin America 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Presenter: Mauricio Morales
Abstract: Presented by Mauricio Morales at Metering, Billing/CRM Latin America 2006.
The prepayment system in Colombia is considered as a new alternative for sustainable development for community and as an exploration channel of knowledge of different existing technologies in the market, assessing the market concept in order to identify the degree of knowledge of this kind of energy’s trade among our clients and also their needs and expectations.
The following situations and/or needs were identified within the market’s objective:
- The date of payment does not match with the date of the familiar income.
- Difficulties to collect the total amount of the invoice in the date of payment, due to the involvement of several relatives.
- The familiar income occur in a daily way and it is difficult to save the total value to pay the invoice, due to the expenses of feeding, transport and housing.
According the needs exposed previously, we designed a program of payment culture, according to the economic availability of the client and its needs of energy’s use, with the VOLUNTARY participation of the community.
Furthermore the following strategy of communication was defined:
- Control of the energy consumption: Efficient use Codensa
- Administration of the cost of energy: When and how much to buy
- Validate during 12 months the benefits of a new service with 440 clients of 4 different geographic points, 2 districts of Bogotá and 2 Municipalities of Cundinamarca.
- Find out new ways to strengthen the relations with our clients.
- Strengthen the culture of Use and Consumption of electrical energy in the family nucleus.
- Build alternatives which present to our clients, new opportunities to improve their quality of life.
- Innovate and modernize our commercial relation through new technologies of payment.
- Organize the familiar economy.
- Encourage the relation client – company in different scenarios of confidence.
The lead project is developed through 3 different technologies that allow the prepayment service, in order to assess the performance and satisfaction of each of the following items:
- Activation by PIN – 140 clients (South African Model)
- Activation by intelligent card – 100 clients
- Remote Activation – 200 clients (collectors)
ROUTES OR STAGES OF IMPLEMENTATION
- Identification of the zones that will participate
- Communication and motivation letter for clients to enter the lead program.
- Recruitment and Selection of clients.
- Equipment Installation and personalized qualified support (delivery of support material)
- Support, maintenance and constant evaluation of lead program
- Analysis of results
- Closing of the pilot program