Energy management solutions firm Tendril, launched its new demand management solution to help utility firms ensure grid reliability through demand response.In a press statement, Tendril announced its new data analytics software, Orchestrated Energy, “that calculates a home’s thermal mass, predicts consumer behaviour and integrates with connected devices, to create a unique dispatch schedule for every home, every day.”
The cloud-based solution is designed to help consumers to reduce their energy costs.
In testing the ability of Orchestrated Energy to help North American firms reduce their peak demand, Tendril lowered HVAC peak load by 50% and energy consumption by cooling systems by 20%.
Tendril said it is working towards expanding the technology to include remote management of water heaters and electric vehicles.
DER integration and demand management
The solution is expected to help utility firms increase their integration of distributed energy resources on grid networks to reduce their carbon footprint and, power generation and supply costs.
Steve Corneli, Principal of Strategies for Clean Energy Innovation at Tendril, said: “The power sector today faces unprecedented challenges in reducing costs and enhancing customer value, while rebuilding its infrastructure and integrating ever cheaper, but highly variable, renewable energy.”
The solutions provider claims its new solution achieves twice the energy efficiency savings of a smart thermostat alone and delivers three times the peak demand reduction from the HVAC system.
The launch of the Orchestrated Energy follows the release of a report by Accenture stating the firm’s prediction of smart thermostats deployment in homes in North America reaching 55 million by 2025.
Tendril claims Orchestrated Energy:
- Continuously optimises energy for every home by creating a unique and personalised optimisation plan for every home based on building characteristics, local weather patterns, system conditions, and individual needs of the consumer.
- Reshapes demand without compromising comfort – It offers outcome-based customer control with adaptive learning.
- Supports TOU rates and enhances existing DR investments
- Is future proof and device agnostic as it is open standard-based.
- Delivers scalable orchestration as it scales to manage the entire connected home simultaneously and manages multiple homes to optimise a neighbourhood, circuit, region or entire system.