Timisoara, Romania, May 29, 2019: Networked Energy Services Corporation (NES), a global smart grid solution provider with the industry’s leading Energy Applications Platform (EAPTM) announced the winners of its Partner Awards given to reflect contributions to developing smart grid capabilities around the globe.
The awards ceremony was part of a wider NES Partner Event, which included a visit to the new NES production facility in Timisoara, announced earlier this year, presentations of various innovative deployments of NES technology in smart grid projects, and the roadmap for future NES smart grid solutions.
The partner event culminated in awards to those NES partners that have contributed to the smart energy transition in the smart grid through practical projects. Winners included:
- Complementary Technology Innovation: GÖRLITZ – For their dual-relay control solution, which is bringing cost-effective and reliable load-control capabilities into the low-voltage grid in Switzerland.
- Complementary Business Innovation: CIAC IT – For their work in AI based analytics solutions to forecast energy demand and response and achieve energy neutrality for municipalities.
- Complementary Security Innovation: Kapsch – For their work in sophisticated Key Management System integration, helping DSOs to keep the Keys to securely operate and manage their smart meters.
- New Territory: ACI Engineering– For their win of a new smart grid pilot in Albania, combining smart meters with analytics and operational software solutions, focused on reducing energy transmission losses.
- Best Pilot Performance: Adrem Engineering – For achieving very high communications rates in two pilots in Romania and demonstrating the value of the OSGP standard as a robust and secure communications mechanism.
- Beyond the Meter: OneCo – For combining NES smart meters with smart home connectivity, multiple communications options, and analytics of meter data in Denmark.
- Largest Q1 Win: S&T Smart Energy – For a major win in Austria, combining smart metering solutions with cutting-edge perimeter security solutions.
- Longest Revenue Generating Project: Schneider Electric – For maintaining high reliability and quality beyond the initial rollout in the Nordics to sustain a steady revenue stream.
- Most NES Meters Installed: Eltel – For projects in the Nordics that have contributed significantly to NES dominance in that market.
“It is important that NES reflects and recognizes the strengths of its partner eco-system”, says Mark Ossel, VP of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances. “The achievements over the last year, as illustrated through the NES Partner Awards, show how our customers benefit from such a broad set of competencies. We thank all our partners”.
“Innovation is achieved through collaboration within our partnerships”, says Jon Wells, VP of Customer Solutions. “Evolution of our offerings in security, analytics, home connectivity, communications reliability, and new territories would not be possible without our partners investing their own energy and leveraging the capabilities of the NES platform”.
About Networked Energy Services Corporation (NES)
Networked Energy Services Corporation is a global smart energy leader in the worldwide transformation of the electricity grid into an energy control network, enabling utilities to provide their customers with a more efficient and reliable service, to protect their systems from current and emerging cybersecurity threats, and to offer innovative new services that enable active, intelligent use of energy. NES was formed as a result of the spinoff of Echelon Corporation’s Grid Modernization Division in October 2014. NES is headquartered in the US with R&D centers located in Silicon Valley, North Dakota and Poland, and sales offices throughout the world. NES’ smart grid technology is used in nearly 40 million smart meters and other smart end devices around the world. NES is a member of the OSGP Alliance, a global association of utilities and smart grid companies, which promotes the Open Smart Grid Protocol and cooperates to provide utilities greater value by enabling true, independently-certified, multi-vendor interoperability based upon open international specifications and standards. You can find out more information about NES, its Patagonia Energy Applications PlatformTM (including grid management software, distributed control nodes, and smart meters) and services at: www.networkedenergy.com.