This consumer survey analyzes the attitudes of 1,000 respondents (500 US-based; 500 UK-based) to find out their views on a variety of smart home energy management functions, including: expectations, preferences, and willingness to pay for key services and features. This report includes over 180 tables and figures, and analyzes the following:
- Demographic analysis of demand response ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ respondents, including willingness to pay a premium for demand-response capable devices.
- Willingness to pay for in-home electricity consumption data on devices such as cellular handsets, TVs, and separate in-home display devices.
- Willingness to pay for a range of remote control services, including temperature control, lighting control, and smart plugs.
- Uptake of ‘Energy Star’ and ‘Energy Saving Recommended Products’, including analysis of respondent willingness (and barriers) to pay a premium for certified MHAs.
- Frequency and time of use of a variety of major home appliances.
- Type of heating/cooling and temperature control used by respondents, including key purchase criteria for central temperature control devices.
- Respondent background data, including: age, gender, household income, electricity expenditure, attitudes to technology, renovation and home electricity generation.
Date Published June 2010
Price for Single User License $5,610
Price for Site License $6,740
Price for Divisional License $8,420