This proposed 2011 study will explore the market for distribution substation automation equipment, including sensors, controls, power quality management hardware and switchgear. This report follows on the heels of a global study examining distribution automation equipment along feeder lines, and further examines the trends towards greater sophistication, communication, and automation in electricity distribution at the substation level.
Technological trends, regional initiatives and market behavior, and competitive environment analysis will all be provided in this report, which examines the market by three product families and 18 product types. Particular attention will be directed toward the impact of regional and technological trends, including the integration of growing quantities of renewable generation, the nascent electric car trend, and aging legacy infrastructure in utility networks.
- What are the principal drivers for growth in distributed intelligence, automation, and control in electricity distribution substations?
- Where regionally will the most true automation equipment market growth occur, as opposed to legacy, raw “lights on” equipment?
- Who are the leading suppliers of equipment to these markets, by product family and region?
- What product types supporting which substation functions will account for the greatest revenue growth regionally and globally?
- What will the role be for distributed energy storage in the development of the smart grid?
Date Published October 2011
Price for Single User License $6380
Price for Site License $7650
Price for Divisional License $9570