With a growing global focus on energy conservation and alternative energy sources, the demand for energy management is fueling the semiconductor market opportunities for measuring electric power. For integrators and semiconductor suppliers, this report:
- Quantitatively presents applications where electric power measurement is in demand.
- Includes equipment market size and growth for electric power measurement and communications penetration.
- Qualitatively discusses key requirements and pain points shared by equipment vendors and lists major equipment vendors by market sector.
- Analyzes semiconductor market size and growth based on functional block analysis of electric power measurement and the integration of these blocks.
- Quantitatively presents total market size and growth of electric power measurement ICs in terms of revenue, shipments and average selling price.
This report presents the market size and growth for semiconductor solutions for integrating electric power metering. It does so first by presenting market size and growth of equipment with electric power measurement. Penetration of electric power measurement and communications is included for 21 equipment applications in the following sectors:
- Generation transmission and distribution
- Utility billing meters
- Commercial metering applications
- Residential metering applications
Then with this total available market the report presents the market size and growth in terms of revenues, units and average selling price of semiconductor grouped by the following functional blocks. In addition to a qualitative discussion of input interfaces, the following semiconductor component sectors are presented quantitatively:
- Analog-to-digital conversion
- Metering logic hardware
- Applications processor
- Display and/or communications
Date Published June 30, 2011
Price for Single User License $8,500
Price for Site License $10,200
Price for Divisional License $12,800