The Americas Market for Smart Grid Networking
This study builds on IMS Research’s smart metering (AMI), distribution automation, and industrial networking and ethernet research experience to examine the market for networking supporting automation of the emerging smart grid.
Transmission- and distribution-level substation and line communication equipment as well as smart metering communications infrastructure are examined in full. Additionally, market data from IMS Research’s annual studies on smart metering and distribution automation is integrated to provide connectivity analysis of protocol and standards adoption for “smart” devices which are being networked on the grid. Highlights from the report:
- What are the North and Latin American market sizes in revenues and unit shipments for networking hardware supporting grid automation and smart metering?
- Where does adoption of IEC 61850 and TCP/IP most advanced now, and what will drive its further penetration in the future?
- What are the major technology trends within smart grid networking hardware preference, cost, functionality and life cycle?
- When will smart metering and distribution automation convergence take place in the Americas, what utility needs will drive it, and what will hold this trend back?
- What does the competitive environment for smart grid networking equipment look like today, and how is it changing to suit the shifting technological and business needs of utilities?
- How are utilities managing their legacy intelligent electronic devices while reaching to adopt new protocols and topologies in their total grid automation solutions?
Date Publishing 07/06/2012
Price for Single User License $7,570
Price for Site License $9,080
Price for Divisional License $11,400