Webinar broadcast date: Thursday, 23 April 2020
06h00 Canada | 09h00 New York | 13h00 GMT | 14h00 London | 15h00 Paris | 15h00 Amsterdam | 15h00 Johannesburg | 18h30 New Delhi | 21h00 Singapore | 23h00 Melbourne
The Generg Group have been building and operating renewable power plants (including wind, solar and hydroelectric) in Portugal for over three decades, and are now expanding across Europe. CGI is partnering with Generg to deliver increased production across their multi-technology portfolio, while also supporting new ways of working during the current COVID-19 crisis.
This presentation focuses on three strands of performance analysis of renewable assets provided by CGI’s Renewables Management System: Downtime Allocation, Power Curve Analysis, and Real-time detection of deviations from expected power.
- Downtime Allocation looks at the correction of event allocation in the control centre to determine monthly asset availabilities, in order to examine the contractual responsibilities of manufacturers who are on a ‘guaranteed availability’ contract.
- Power Curve Analysis examines wind turbine efficiency and reveals any deviations from the expected asset performance. Reports demonstrating these deviations are used by Generg to support discussions with manufacturers who are on a ‘guaranteed efficiency’ contract.
- Real-time, automatic detection of deviations from OEM expected power output, giving Generg the opportunity to take immediate action to minimise production losses.
What you will learn:
- The role of data analytics in improving the performance of renewable energy assets
- How your utility peers are empowering themselves to have constructive conversations with asset manufacturers
- How to detect underperforming wind turbines on an operational wind farm
- How a utility with wind, solar and hydroelectric generating assets across several countries can operate their portfolio from a single platform
- How an end-to-end service can streamline your operations and improve efficiency across the business
- How mobile solutions allow you to monitor power plants remotely
All of these capabilities are good for business at all times, and take on a sharper focus during challenging times. We hope you can join us.
João Sardo, International Asset Manager & Wind Turbine Expert | Generg
Sara Pires, Renewables Solution Specialist & Business Analyst | CGI
Rita Burnay, Director of Consulting: Renewables & Smart Grids | CGI