Webinar broadcast: Tuesday 25 June 2019
08h30 New York | 12h30 GMT | 13h30 London | 14h30 Johannesburg | 14h30 Paris | 18h00 New Delhi | 21h30 Tokyo
Since their first trial deployments two years ago, wide area communication networks using cellular LPWA technologies have expanded to cover most of Europe and are ready for use by all stakeholders in the energy industry.
Some businesses in Europe – and around the world – are operating only LTE-M or NB-IoT, depending on the network operators in their region, while others are already operating both. The growing availability of LTE-M and NB-IoT makes it important to understand the differences between the two technologies.
Join ESMIG (European Association of Smart Energy Solution Providers) as we uncover the facts, experiences and expectations for NB-IoT and LTE-M with Sierra Wireless, Vodafone and EDF (Électricité de France).
Join this webinar to learn:
- Fast facts on NB-IoT and LTE-M and experiences rolling out LPWA networks
- EDF’s experience with rolling out LPWA smart metering solutions
- What low power modes matter most to the energy sector
- How 5G will impact LTE-M and NB-IoT as a technology and for existing deployments
- The role that 2G fallback plays in pan-European LPWA coverage
Nicolas Damour, Director: Technology Partnership Development, Sierra Wireless
Willem Strabbing, Managing Director, ESMIG
Eric Perrier de La Bathie, IoT & Telecom systems expert – R&D, EDF
Andy Haig, M2M – Smart Metering and Smart Grid Business Development Manager, Vodafone