The third member of the Teridian Semiconductor 73S11xx family of smart card terminal controllers, the 73S1112F, is a stripped down version of the full-featured 73S1121F. It shares the same digital platform (80C52 core with 64kB of Flash program memory and 4kB of user XRAM data memory, ISO7816 UART). It features a single built-in ISO7816 / EMV smart card interface and a serial interface for communicating with the external world. Additionally, it has a total of 11 digital user I/Os.
The 73S1112F is especially suitable for applications where a ready-to-use smart card reader capability must be incorporated into more complex designs such as payment systems, controlled access and identification terminals.
- 80C52 Core
- 64KB internal Flash (Program Memory)
- 1KB IRAM + 4KB internal XRAM (user data memory
- ROM Boot-loader enabling In-System-Programming (ISP) and In-Application-Programming (IAP) of the internal Flash
- 128 Bytes Flash IFB (Information Block for serial #, firmware version…)
- Single low cost 12MHz crystal is required
- Smart Card Interfaces
- ISO-7816 / EMV2000 smart card interfaces w/ embedded Step-up converter for 3V/5V smart-cards
- ISO-7816 UART (9600Kbps to 115Kbps with 12MHz crystal) for protocols T=0, T=1 with a dedicated 2-Byte FIFOs
- Auxiliary I/O lines for C4/C8 signals and UART bypass for synchronous card support
- Card clock stop high and low
- Card clock up to 7.2MHz
- (11) User I/Os
- (1) Serial interface 1200Kbps to 115Kbps
- Embedded security fuses to permanently disable the In-System-Programming mode.
- Two-level API (C-language libraries) for fast application development
- Demo smart-card reader application, with a sample of USB driver compatible with PC/SC and Microsoft® Windows™ Hardware Quality Laboratory test suite
- Power Supply: Single 2.7V to 3.6V
- Package: 44 LQFP