The 73S1121F is the industry’s first extensive low-cost system-on-a-chip smart-card terminal controller, incorporating all the functionality required to build a low-cost dual smart-card terminal in a single package. Based on an 80C52 core, with two built-in smart card interfaces, communication capabilities and peripherals, the 73S1121F has been optimized for either standalone or host-connected applications, allowing a low external component count and fast design cycle.
Teridian Semiconductor Corp. has developed the 73S1121F together with a comprehensive software layer stack, based on a two-level Application Programming Interface (API), using functions written in ANSI-C.
- The low-level API functions are used to control the entire 73S1121F and low-level parameters (register settings, clock settings and power modes, resource sharing such as interrupts and timers, interface configuration).
- The high-level API functions include protocol layers to communicate with asynchronous cards (protocols T=0 and T=1, compliant with ISO-7816 and EMV-2000) and with the USB interface. It also provides services for PIN management, memory management and display.
This two-level API will shorten the development time of any 73S1121F-based products, providing a dramatic reduction in time-to-market.
- 80C52 Core
- 64KB internal Flash (Program Memory)
- 4KB internal XRAM (User Data Memory), expandable to 64KB
- Smart Card Interfaces
- (2) ISO-7816 / EMV2000 smart card interfaces w/embedded Step-up converter for 3V/5V smart-cards
- ISO-7816 UART (9600Kbps to 115Kbps with 12MHz crystal) for protocols T=0, T=1 with (2) dedicated 2-Byte FIFOs
- Embedded fuses allow designers to permanently disable access to the Flash memory, the external memory interface, the ISP mode or any combination of the three
- USB Full-speed interface (12Mbps with 4 Endpoints)
- (1) Serial interface 1200Kbps to 115Kbps (Standard 8052 serial UART)
- 5×6 Keyboard interface with hardware scanning, de-bouncing and scrambling
- (7) Dedicated LCD I/Os (to control any external LCD driver)
- (8) User I/Os
- (4) GPIOs compatible with interfacing voltages up to 5.5V
- (3) Analog inputs for voltage detection (for battery monitoring or any DC voltage comparison from 0.2V to 2.5V)
- Two-level API (C-language libraries) for fast application development
- Sample USB driver compatible with Microsoft® Windows™ Hardware Quality Laboratory test suite.
- Single 2.7V to 3.6V power supply
- Packaging: 128 pin TQFP and Die form