Convenient, weather-protected, and tamper-resistant primary metering cabinets from Brooks Meter Devices are available in ratings of 15 and 25 KV 200 or 600 amperes. The flexible design accommodates several different types of current and potential transformers and is ideal for metering underground primary cable systems.
The cabinets feature a dead-front barrier with Shedwell bushings for load-break inserts and elbows. Large door openings provide excellent accessibility for elbow operation. Designed for padlocks, all doors are equipped with rugged threepoint latching and Penta-Head security locks. Accessory parking stands and stainless-steel groundnuts are also included. Other coating options and heavier gauge metals are available upon request.
The instrument transformer compartment has provisions for mounting CTs and PTs, and the conveniently located ground bus gives easy access to PTs. An insulated inner panel is standard.
Units may be supplied with provisions for mounting instrument transformers or completely factory assembled and wired to your specifications.
Underground cable systems
- Dead front
- Bolted construction
- Cross-kinked roof for strength and water runoff
- Stainless-steel, slip-joint door hinges
- Six or nine Shedwell bushing wells for load-break inserts and elbows
- Mounting rails for CTs and VTs
- Three-point latching mechanism with Penta-Head bolt for added security
- Removable lifting eyes
- NEMA 260-1991 danger and warning signs
- Meets ANSI C57.12.28 standards
- 12-gauge steel or .125 aluminum. Other coating options and heavier gauge metals are available upon request.
- Insulated inner panel
- Stainless-steel hardware
- Padmount-green, powder-coated, oven-baked, high-gloss polyester finish
- Custom designs and sizes