Now, field installing transformer-rated meters is a snap with the Snap2™ 2-piece pre-wired meter socket from Brooks Meter Devices. Here’s how it works!
Each pre-wired panel is built to your specifications, ready to snap into place in the separate meter housing by the exclusive, patent-pending Brooks snap-in installation system. So you save money by allowing the contractor to install an empty meter enclosure ahead of the actual meter service date. Utility personnel simply bring the pre-wired meter panel with them on the job site at the date of service and snap it in place, reducing installation time that used to take hours to a matter of minutes. It also avoids costly field mistakes and coordination problems. It’s the modern, efficient way to install transformer-rated meter sockets.
- Material – 16 gauge galvannealed steel
- Finish – baked-powder epoxy resin, light gray
- Size – W 12” x H 19-7/8” x D 4-3/8”
- Knockouts – six 3/4” x 1” x 1-1/4”, bottom; sides; back one 1/4” x 5/8” x 7/8” bottom
- Mounting – 5/16” diameter KO mounting embossments
- Latch – Stainless steel latch and hasp
- Rating – 20 ampere, 600 volts AC, transformer rated
- Standards – NEMA; ANSI C12.7; UL 414