Deadline for submission of abstracts: 1 July 2008
METERING, BILLING/CRM INDIA will give participants an overview of available technologies and engage utility leaders to discuss how these can be implemented to achieve the targets set during the 2nd stage of the Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (APDRP-II). Under APDRP-II, performing power utilities would be reimbursed 50 percent of the project cost as a grant for reducing aggregate technical and commercial (ATC) losses to 15 percent within five years. Non-performers will not be reimbursed and will have to rely on borrowings for the entire requirements of a project.
Issues covered in the main conference include:
- Ministry of Power update on APDRP-II – how are utilities improving their performance?
- Get an overview of AMR/IT technologies and hear from utilities that have successfully implemented them
- Prepayment meter technologies
- Communication technologies, including PICC, PLC and BPL
- Outsourcing of metering services such as AMR
- Smart metering and AMI
- Open protocol issues – looking at international benchmarks
Issues covered in the co-located Smart Grid workshop include:
- Increasing demand and blackouts – how can the smart grid modernise ageing infrastructure?
- Understand how the smart grid supports revenue protection
- Compare communication technologies that make the grid smarter
- Enabling distributed generation and integrating renewable energy sources
- Smart grid to detect power outages, theft and helping to manage peak demand
The Metering, Billing/CRM India conference programme is developed to provide a forum that identifies, discusses and forecasts developments in the industry. Top-level speakers from all key industry segments will present their views using case studies, in-depth sessions and interactive panels. The Metering, Billing/CRM India management team is constantly searching for speakers to share new and innovative experiences and visions, so if you would like to take part contact Julia Barton-Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.smart-energy.com/tag/india